Say "Cheese"!
Here I am again struggling with the cheese ... This time I woke up at 6:30 and went to the farmhouse where Ulysses is milking his sheep. Check in and hands me thirty liters of sheep milk fresh from the cow, still warm. Then Mark takes me from the goats and milk in a direct offer to two liters of milk from which we derive our homemade yogurt ...
Spedalone Back in the kitchen sets up model dairy and proceed. Raw milk, reported the temperature to 37 ° C and agiungo my vegetable rennet, obtained from the flowers of the artichoke crops in our garden. The curd can perfectly in about an hour, and then proceed to obtain forms 5 and 2 cheeses to which I added nepotella (following the Giancarlo consiglio7desiderio). So we pulled up with the serum two large tubs of ricotta "amended" (or acidifying with buttermilk fig), already enjoyed just a few minutes ago (very good with honey).
quality raw materials (fresh milk from organic farming and grazing animals in nature), small-scale but well-controlled process, too bad having to wait a bit 'of time to savor the result ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment